Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Sojourner By Faith

I have been wanting to start a blog for a while but life has been very busy. So here we go.

The Bible refers to Abraham as a "sojourner" in Hebrews 11:9 (KJV), meaning he lived like a foreigner in temporary housing even though he was in the promised land. Why not settle down? It was because Abraham believed by faith that even though the promised land to which God had led him was great and all, God had designed and built a better place for him (v. 10), a heavenly country (v. 16).

I have been in search of my place in this world for years only to find I will never be satisfied with any place this side of heaven. So I just need to live and serve by faith wherever God leads me.

I read this great explanation of a "sojourner" on a website for The Journey Church of Anchorage, Alaska where Toby and Ellen Stevens serve. I have never met them but I like this description.

"As people travel through life, they often find themselves seeking for fellow travelers along the way; people of like minds and common goals. Sometimes the search is quiet; sometimes active ... nonetheless they look. They look for people with similar passions and desires. In the midst of an upside-down world, they search for fulfillment, for peace, and for purpose in life as they strive to find their place in God. And along the journey, they search for fellow sojourners." http://www.thejourneyanchorage.org/GetConnected/Sojourners.html



So why read my blog? Well, I like to say, "We're all in this together!" and therefore, I thought it would be cool to dialog with others about what we are learning on our journeys. I want to share what I'm learning and observing and I want to hear what you are experiencing. My hope is that in some way I can help and encourage you along life's journey.

Do I have all the answers? No. But even though I have learned some of the answers by faith, I am still learning. Let's learn and journey together.

2 Comments:

Blogger joyfuljourney said...

Hey! This looks great! Welcome to the world of blogging. You should have been doing this a LONG time ago. You will love it!

5/04/2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I agree with joyfuljourney!! Why did it take you so long to make 'the dive'?

I'm looking forward to keeping up with your journal and following your leadership.

God Bless!

5/07/2006 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home